Last update: July 17, 2018
We are happy to provide You with access to certain popowayCloud Services (which may include software, networking, and other computing resources) (collectively, the “popowayCloud Platform”) for Your lawful consumption and use in conformance with their intended use. In connection with the popowayCloud Services, You and/or your users may provide or use “Content” in connection with the popowayCloud Platform. Your use of the popowayCloud Platform, including Content, is subject to the restrictions set forth in this Acceptable Use Policy,
popowayCloud Team may change or modify this Acceptable Use Policy at any time and for any reason by posting a new version of this Policy at https://www.popoway.cloud/legal. You are responsible for monitoring this site and ensuring you are aware of the current terms. If you violate this Acceptable Use Policy, we may suspend or terminate your access to the popowayCloud Platform. Set forth below are examples of prohibited conduct and Content in order to assist you in your use. Please note, however, that this list below is not exhaustive and you should follow the overriding principles contained in each section below.
No Illegal, Harmful or Obscene Content
Your use of the popowayCloud Platform is subject to all applicable laws and regulations, and you agree not to violate such laws and/or regulations. In addition, you agree not to post, distribute, promote, facilitate or transmit any of the following through use of the popowayCloud Platform:
- Illegal Content including Content that incorporates gambling or child pornography.
- Content that violates, misappropriates or infringes the third party intellectual property rights of others.
- Content that solicits, encourages or promotes the use of illegal substances or activities.
- Content that is threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, derogatory or violent.
- Content that is invasive of a third party’s legal rights (including privacy or publicity rights).
- Content that is vulgar, obscene, bigoted or hateful or that advocates racial or ethnic intolerance.
- Content that is profane, scandalous, pornographic, indecent or otherwise objectionable.
- Content that is malicious or contains technology that may damage, interfere with, or intercept any system, program or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or other harmful or disruptive components.
No Illegal, Abusive or Harmful Actions
We are providing access to the popowayCloud Platform for the purposes generally described on the popowayCloud website relevant to the specific popowayCloud Services and not for the purpose of interfering with other users’ enjoyment or to harass third parties. For these reasons, you are prohibited from actions such as the following:
- Using the popowayCloud Services or popowayCloud Platform for any act or action that gives rise to civil or criminal liability for yourself or for popowayCloud or otherwise violates any applicable law.
- Engaging in any activity that inappropriately restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the popowayCloud Platform, including “hacking”, “cracking”, “spoofing”, or defacing any portions of the popowayCloud Platform, including any popowayCloud websites.
- Posting, distributing or transmitting chain letters, mass mailings, spam mail, any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index or “data mine”.
- Harvesting or collecting information about popowayCloud Platform users without their express written consent.
- Interfering with others’ enjoyment of the popowayCloud Platform, including intentionally attempting to overload any portion of the popowayCloud Platform.
- Launching or facilitating a denial of service attack (DoS) from or on the popowayCloud Platform.
- Using the popowayCloud Platform in connection with illegal or unlawful file sharing.
- Using the popowayCloud Platform to operate a general-purpose proxy or “open proxy” service. i.e. You may deploy OpenVPN or Shadowsocks for personal study or private use, while their configuration profile shall not be posted publicly.
- Using the popowayCloud Platform as a “miner” or “forger” of BitCoin or other cryptocurrencies.
While we strive to make our service as useful as possible, we don’t support all workload profiles on the popowayCloud free service. Distributed processing or other activities that continuously exhaust a specific resource (e.g. CPU, Network, Memory) are not allowed. Applications are allowed to consume available resources for a short period of time, but not continuously. If you have questions about your use case, feel free to email to support[a]popoway.cloud (please replace [a] with @).
No Prohibited Access or Security Breaches
You may not use the popowayCloud Platform in any manner that would compromise or violate the security of the popowayCloud Platform or other users of the popowayCloud Platform, including but not limited to engaging in any of the following:
- Accessing or using the popowayCloud Platform in violation of law, the terms of the Services Agreement or without permission, including attempting to test the vulnerability of the security of the popowayCloud Platform or to breach any of the security measures of the popowayCloud Platform.
- Imitating or impersonating another person or his or her email address or creating false accounts intended to misrepresent yourself or the source of your email.
- Intercepting or monitoring activity on the popowayCloud Platform without permission.
- Accessing any other host, user or network without permission.
- Using any means to circumvent the security limitations of the popowayCloud Platform.
Monitoring & Reporting
popowayCloud encourages you to report violations of this Acceptable Use Policy to popowayCloud immediately. popowayCloud has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor Your activity and Content to determine compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy. popowayCloud has the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on a popowayCloud website or other popowayCloud Platform resource that we find to be in violation of this Acceptable Use Policy or is otherwise objectionable. You are solely responsible for Your activities and any Content you post, transmit or otherwise make available on a popowayCloud website or other popowayCloud Platform resource. You acknowledge and agree that popowayCloud does not have any liability for any action or inaction with respect to Your conduct, communication or posting on a popowayCloud website or other popowayCloud Platform resource. We may report any activity that we believe may violate any law to law enforcement, regulators or other relevant third parties.
Remote Security Testing
Remote security testing (aka penetration testing) is only allowed, if users received advanced approval from popowayCloud by requesting *and submitting* a Remote Security Testing approval form via email to support[a]popoway.cloud (please replace [a] with @).